A local search directory services company lists millions of regional businesses, restaurants and contacts. They periodically crawl the web as well as source information from different sources to update their listing database. External data from different sources often has similar company listings which are also pre-existing in the local database. The challenges faced by the company are –
- Updation and maintenance of the directory given different data feeds with similar records.
- Downstream analytics and reporting as the business can not safely attribute ROI for each listing.
- Rising print media costs for customer outreach due to duplication
- Poor user experience in finding relevant listings leading to lower revenue.
Fuzzy matching with Reifier compares their existing listings with potential listings from external data and keeps their directory up to date and free from duplicate data. Reifier’s entity resolution algorithms connect different business listings to give consolidated business entities. This provides the following benefits to the company
- Error free and superior business classifieds enhancing revenue
- Granular per listing analytics and accounting
- Increased user experience
- Reduced print cost
Posted on August 19th, 2016